FlightPath9: Equipping the Aerospace Workforce of Tomorrow
FlightPath9 (FP9) is a program designed to change the lives of young people and their families in the Mobile, Alabama area. FP9 equips high school seniors with the skills and certifications they need to launch a career in aviation.
Expert instructors teach foundational topics that include:
- Nationally recognized NC3/Snap-on Tool certification
- Aviation and manufacturing
- Teamwork and critical thinking skills
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) topics
- Safety and Foreign Object Debris (FOD)
- Interview and communication skills
- Leadership skills for the workplace
The program provides an alternate path to college or the military and offers students with the opportunity to work at the Airbus A320 Final Assembly Line. The inaugural class of FlightPath9 students graduated May of 2020.
FlightPath9 is only one of our many educational resources for you at Flight Works Alabama. From its earliest conception, Flight Works Alabama has been committed to educating and equipping the future aviation workforce along the Gulf Coast region and beyond. Classes, workshops, camps, field trips, and guest speakers will offer something for learners of all ages.